Bone broth can help your dog's inflammatory diseases, detox liver and assist with after surgery recovery.
AN AWESOME BONE BROTH RECIPE FOR YOUR DOG!
Did you know that "dog supplements for joints" is one of the top Googled terms on the internet and on Amazon as far as pet products go? It's no wonder, when stats show 1 in 5 dogs suffer from arthritis.
At Snoutly (whether we have a product for it yet or not), we like to provide our customers with nature driven remedies for common dog ailments and problems.
You may or may not know that bone broth is a veritable elixir for dogs (and for humans too 😉). Bone broth is loaded with naturally occurring glycosaminoglycans and if you've ever had a dog with arthritis or other issues, you might be familiar with one of them: glucosamine. Not only does bone broth contain large amounts of glucosamine, it’s also packed with other joint protecting compounds like chondroitin and hyaluronic acid. Bone broth can also help detox the liver, promote a healthy gut and can help nurse a sick dog back to health!
Here's an simple bone recipe that can be cooked up in no time:
1. Get 1/2-1 pound of grass fed, organic femur bones from your local butcher, Whole Foods, pet shop or grocery store. NOTE: This recipe works with any kind of bones, chicken feet, necks, backs, etc.
2. Dump them in a pot and fully immerse them in filtered water (1/2-1 gallon).
3. Add 1 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar. The vinegar helps draw the nutrients out of the bones.
4. Let soak for 30 minutes. Then bring to a boil.
5. Simmer (not boil) in a crock pot or on stove for 24 hours (use discretion and don't leave an open flame on stove unattended).
6. Filter the broth from the bones and fat. Refrigerate broth and skim excess fat off the top once cooled.
7. Mix a few tablespoons (or more) of bone broth in with dry or wet food at every meal.
- Contributing Editor M.G.
Diffusing essentials oils in your home, is a safe and effective way to relieve anxiety stricken pets. Cedar oil is not only great for relieving stress but is also a natural flea repellent. Lavender essential oil is a well known calming agent for both humans and pets and peppermint oil is a natural mosquito repellent. ALL of the above essential oils have the added benefit of making your home smell amazing!
Contributing Editor M.G.